Thursday, February 24, 2005

The Natural Selection of Man

Sunrise at Karak Highway

My journey to the islands has begun! I was on the Karak Highway to the east coast when I saw the sunrise over the haze at about 7am. The majestic trees from a distance form little clumps of varied shapes & seeing how lush the place is, I’m wondering when my jungles will be shaved again for another super highway. I’m glad on the other hand, that this highway has cut my traveling time by 2 hours. Quite significant considering my journey usually takes 8 hours. Along the way, there were so many distractions, I made a few stops just to take photos of eagles perched upon leafless trees! There was an animal that caught my eye & seeing how huge it was, I took several pictures of it & was debating with Rachael, who came along, as to whether it was a leopard cat, tiger, or monkey. King of the Jungle??? It wasn’t moving so I presumed it must have been sleeping. Then I shouted at the top of my lungs at the creature….. “Oiiiiiiii!!!!!!”……. “Wake uuuuuuuuuuuuuuppppp!” “Oiiii!!!!” while Rachael sat there in fits of laughter. We looked into the camera CCD screen to get a closer look & turned to look at the creature only to find it on the other side of the tree branch! Then this creature climbed to the middle & higher branch, & shook the tree violently before finding another spot on the tree to snooze again…… Hmmm……..Clash of the Titans? Baboon on strike? It sure wasn’t a normal monkey!

Heaven forbids if we had evolved from them! I don’t see any missing link at all! God created you & me, & gave us dominion over the fish of the sea, the birds of the air, over the cattle, over all the earth, over all creepers creeping over the earth. (Taken from part of Genesis 1:26) And you tell me I came from a monkey?!?!?! Charles Darwin may have been a marine biologist but a scientific theory is a hypothesis that has been extensively tested that it’s generally regarded as true BUT like any hypothesis, it is subject to rejection if enough evidence accumulates against it. Though science says it’s like that, science cannot make judgments about values, ethics or morality. Science can’t decide how to use the knowledge & technology it produces. Feelings & beliefs are BEYOND the scope of science. My ancestors were not monkeys neither did they just evolved from one. ‘I have made the earth, and created man on it; I with My hands have stretched out the heavens; and all their host have I commanded.’ Isaiah 45:12

To have the knowledge that you & I were thought of even before the creation of the universe, is something to marvel with! ‘In the beginning was the WORD, the WORD was with God, and the WORD was God.’ John 1:1 The WORD here is Jesus.

The time span between the Old & the New Testament was 400 years & yet, something so relevant was said in the book of John about the book of Genesis. Look at Genesis 1:26 again & verse 27,‘And God said, Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the heavens, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over all the creepers creeping on the earth. And God created man in His image; in the image of God He created him. He created them male and female.’ Why did God use ‘Us’ & not ‘Me.’Who was He referring to? Who was with Him at the time of creation?

Three hornbills & a snake later, we passed the wildlife trail. To what God has given us, each new day, brings new hope. What’s there to argue with science when a new heaven & a new earth will emerge one day with no more death, no more sorrow, no crying & no pain…?

New Day!

Get Firefox!