Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Where I Go To Chill....

Where Have I Been Lately??? The best place to be when you feel the heat is up in the highlands where you can freeze your mind & not think of the brewing stew. I went to Cameron Highlands to replenish my supply of Cameron Valley tea. My favourite orange pekoe tea. They only produce enough to supply to the highland’s community itself & only when there is surplus, they get sent to KL. So I had to get my fix. My tea & some chilly winds. I found a nice cottage to put up a night in. Temperature dropped to about 16 degrees Celsius & my security blanket really helped. It’s like American Express, ‘never leave home without it.’ On the way to Sg.Ruil, Orang Asli Settlement I didn’t have any conquest as usual. Just me & Jesus going for a chill in the highlands. The last time I was here was with someone very close to me & we were buying plants. This time, it was me & Jesus. I came to look for the familiar surroundings that brought so much peace every time I came here to chill out. It’s been almost three years & the development of Tanah Rata has caused the temperature to rise in the day. I drove around looking for subjects to photograph & stumbled upon the orang asli settlement. The Orang Asli Settlement, Sg.Ruil, Cameron Highlands I visited nurseries to look at flowers. And guess what, my rechargeable batteries ran low. Even my spares had run out. I had to selectively shoot or I won’t be able to make the trip to the tea farm on the way down. Another new beginning of a fern... I’m very curious to know how such leaves can bring so much punch to one’s lives. Tea. Hokkiens & Malays call it Teh. Cantonese call it Char. Japanese call them O-cha. I’m doing an article for the magazines on it & can’t put it here yet but my field day was to look at TEA. More about it later. I’ve got to pack up to go to diving today. The Flower Stall

Get Firefox!